Also last Friday we picked up some supplies from the barn store. Got some DE and horse stall refresher. It was getting rather stinky in their run and realized we needed a different solution for the ground covering. We went with coarse sand which I laid out Saturday morning. I also got a big fly trap. The flies have been OUT OF CONTROL. I thought they would eat them but not so much. Well last night I noticed them reaching up into the fly trap and eating them so that is progress! Hopefully they will start and the fly trap has def helped with fly control. We already have about 1,000 dead in the trap.
Setting up for the week 7 photos:
Attempted to take photos of them in the chair, but eventually found it was easier to capture each one in their own element. They did not like standing on the chair...
Still don't really know who are hens and who are roots.... Keep trying to see a difference in saddle feathers, tail feathers.... but not sure. Anna is really the only one that looks different. Maybe he's our only rooster, who knows. But Elsa and Lila's tail feathers look like Anna's, but could end up rounding out or pointy so who knows. Ya don't know til they crow!