We now have a house with all new windows (except the basement) and new exterior doors!!! We got our first three new windows in June of 09 (I just realized all my pictures are gone from that old post... add that to my list of things to do). We got our new doors last summer, here are the two posts about it One and Two.
So to complete our window project we had 5 remaining windows. One in the front bedroom, two in the back bedroom, and two in our upstairs bedroom.
Here are the before's:
And the afters of those
outside of other back window
Here are the two upstairs befores
There was a bit of an issues with these windows upstairs. Whoever put them in before, just slapped up some trim, over the drywall that was just sitting on the plaster behind it....
Which wasn't so good for keeping drafts out, and wasn't very pretty. This problem caused our window guy to be delayed and have to come back another day.
They were hoping to be able to just put a piece of cord trim over that, but he actually had to make all new trim. Here are the windows finished.
They look MUCH better. Of course I'll have to post another AFTER picture, once we get the trim painted white. I have the holes filled and sanded, we just need to paint soon :-)
Post a Comment