You 're going to want to pick up some cheese cloth, it's very important to squeeze out all the moisture so your crust can get nice and crispy.
Unlike pizza dough, you cook this crust before you place your toppings on so make sure to allow time for that. We like to make our own as a family so it works out great that the kids can continue to play, I call them in when the pizza is ready and they decorate theirs. Then it's only five more minutes and it's ready to eat! Helps with their patience factor too.
Time: 60 min Serves: 1 pizza serves 4 Fix Count: 1.5 Green, 1 Blue, ½ Red
1 fresh cauliflower head
¼ cup Parmesan cheese
1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded, divided
1 tsp dried oregano
½ tsp sea salt
¼ tsp crushed red pepper (optional)
4 garlic gloves, pressed
1 can tomato sauce, no salt or sugar added
1 small can tomato paste
2 Tbsp Pizza Seasoning
1 tsp of each: oregano, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, basil, black pepper
12 slices ham
1 bell pepper, chopped
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Break apart cauliflower head and place in blender. Using stick, press florets down until blended together to resemble dough or paste.
- Strain liquid from cauliflower dough ball using cheese cloth. Very important to get all liquid out.
- In medium size bowl combine cauliflower dough, parmesan cheese, ½ cup shredded mozzarella, eggs, oregano, pressed garlic cloves, salt and red pepper flakes (optional). Fold together with your hands or spatula until well blended; spread out onto baking sheet. The thinner you make it the better, but make sure it stays held together.
- Place crust in oven and bake for 40 minutes or until sides are browning.
- While crust cooks make your pizza sauce in a blender: tomato sauce, paste, and pizza seasoning. Set aside, you will have leftovers for next time you make pizza.
- Take crust out of the oven and assemble pizza. Placing ½ cup of pizza sauce on bottom. Feel free to adjust toppings to your choosing but remember to track container counts. These toppings included in overall fix count: ham, bell pepper, mushrooms, and remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese. I like to add black olives and added ¼ cup which adds ½ of an orange container to the fix count.
- Once toppings are placed, put under broiler for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is bubbly. Slice up pizza, ¼ of whole pizza counts as one serving.
Post a Comment